- You understand that no one is more important than you are, and no one is less important.
- You understand that you are unique, and that you have a unique contribution to make to this world.
- You realize that there are no mistakes in life, only lessons.
- You work daily to improve your skills and self-knowledge. (We call this the Competency Principle)
- You take pride in doing your best.
- You promote self-confidence in the people with whom you work and live.
- You practice what you preach; you walk the talk.
- You adapt to change quickly.
- You see problems and challenges, and press on with a smile.
- You're able take risks and deal with uncertainty.
- You pace yourself (by the hour, by the month, by the year).
- You look for ways to remove the unnecessary stressors in your life--at work, at home.
- You use your head instead of your back--you think things through and plan ahead in order to conserve your physical energy.
- You're able to look at a stack of work and tackle one thing at a time calmly.
- You learn from the past, plan for the future and live in the present.
- The moment you feel physical or mental distress, you take action to relieve it, so that small stresses--molehills---don't become mountains.
- You see finish lines rather than deadlines.
- You understand that life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
- You are able to live in peace with the things you cannot change; you have the courage to change the things you can change; and you have the wisdom to know the difference.
- You nurture your sense of humor ("No humor, no creativity; know humor, know creativity").
- You use your imagination to come up with new possibilities.
- You say, "What if....? instead of, "Yes, but..."
- You combine intuition, experience, insight, and analytical thinking.
- You find ways to make work fun.
- You take life seriously, but yourself not at all.
- You are positive---you look for good in everyone.
- You are a professional--you strive for excellence.
- You are proactive--you don't wait for a crisis to occur.
- You are progressive--you aim to surpass your past accomplishments.
- You are productive--you get the right job, done right.
- You are profitable--you create quality products and services that help others.
- You make good moment by moment choices concerning your well-being.
- You balance work and family life.
- You arrive at work with your batteries fully charged.
- You give equal attention to the health of your body, mind, and soul.
- You seek professional advice or counseling if and when needed.
- You tap inner reserves so you're able to keep up your morale when everyone else is losing theirs.
- You have initiative and are able to operate with little or no supervision.
- You accept responsibility for your actions.
- You see your life's mission as that of helping and loving others.
Communication and Quality Relationships
- You are able to express your ideas and your needs clearly and concisely.
- You ask questions and actively listen.
- You have two ears and one mouth and you remember to listen twice as much as you talk.
- You are sensitive to the needs and feelings of co-workers, clients, family, and friends.
- You relate well to people with different abilities and personalities.
- You mind your own business.
- You are forgiving and compassionate.
- You accept contradiction and correction cheerfully.
- You are able to compromise and yield in discussion.
- You are patient, kind, courteous, and considerate.