There is a nice summary at the end of the book :
- Self betrayal leads to self-deception and “the box”
- When you are in the box, you cannot focus on the results
- Your influence and success will depend on being out of the box
- You get out of the box as you cease resisting other people
- Don’t try to be perfect. Do try to be better
- Don’t use the vocabulary “the box” and so on – with people who don’t already know it. Do use the principles in your own life
- Don’t look for others’ boxes. Do look for your own
- Don’t accuse others of being in the box. Do try to stay out of the box yourself
- Don’t give up on yourself when you discover you have been in the box. Do keep trying
- Don’t deny that you have been in the box when you have been. Do apologise, then just keep marching forward, trying to be more helpful in the future.
- Don’t focus on what others are doing wrong. Do focus on what you can do right to help
- Don’t worry whether others are helping you. Do worry whether you are helping others.
I particularly liked a 10 minute video by Callibrain summarizing the book – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-X-P0tzlF8