The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints– Riverton, UT
This is a contract position that works on assignment with clear instruction and supervision from leaders to leverage designated tools and processes in the monitoring of systems and networks for unusual or abnormal activity and report potential incidents through the appropriate channels for further investigation.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Review logs and reports to identify patterns that would indicate potential security incidents
- Identify abnormal circumstances, events, and event combinations for further review and investigation
- Assist in additional discovery and investigation under the direction of incident managers and higher-level analysts
- Assist in the clarification and documentation of identified problems for future recognition and remediation
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in security, privacy, business continuity, compliance or related area(s)
- Strongly prefer previous experience in Information Security, IT and/or Computer Science, including OS fundamentals, network fundamentals, security fundamentals, ISOC tools/processes, security essentials
- These skillsets will be validated via an internal independent assessment
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: GSEC, Security+, Security Pro
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the proven ability to follow instructions
- Ability to successfully work in a team
- Basic knowledge of IT organization patterns
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Basic knowledge of information security tools, technologies, threats, and practices
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, command line interfaces, and associated security concerns
- Basic knowledge of using a SIEM or data aggregation tool to analyze data sets and identify trends, anomalies, and actionable intelligence
- Ability to work effectively in a 24/7 environment
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Understand how system storage and memory forensics are used in incident response
- Understand how cyber threat intelligence relates to incident response
- Demonstrated experience identifying attacks relating to application security, network security, and host security
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
Specific Degrees, Certifications, Licenses:
- Must have commensurate skills typically acquired through the following industry certifications: Security+, Security Pro
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.