Senior Security Engineer (Pen testing, Vulnerability testing & assessment)
Reporting to the Security Team Manager, this role is responsible for coordinating and performing security reviews of Venafi engineering applications. Conduct vulnerability assessments and evaluate third party assessment reports. The Security Analyst will participate in the creation and implementation of internal security strategy.
This role is based in Palo Alto, CA or Salt Lake City, UT and will work on a daily basis with development teams in Western United States (California, Washington, Utah) and other locations in Eastern Europe.
Key Result Areas:
Review, analyze, design, implement application security tools and processes. Coordinate and work with internal and external teams of developers, designers, business analysts and end users. Influence the technology direction and software development policies and procedures. Innovate and evangelize industry best practices. Ensure that the company's products meet the specific engineering security standards as established.
Minimum Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in the area of cybersecurity and enterprise software
- CISSP, CISA, CRISC or equivalent certification highly recommended
- Demonstrated skills with security concepts, defense strategies, security tools and protocols
- Working experience in IT Risk Assessments, Audits and assessing Third party risk
- Ability to effectively communicate security issues to technical and non-technical teams
- Capable of working independently or in a team environment
What sets you apart:
- Work experience as a penetration tester and threat intelligence analyst
Venafi is the cybersecurity market leader in machine identity protection, securing machine-to-machine connections and communications. Venafi protects machine identity types by orchestrating cryptographic keys and digital certificates for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile and SSH. Venafi provides global visibility of machine identities and the risks associated with them for the extended enterprise—on premises, mobile, virtual, cloud and IoT — at machine speed and scale.
Venafi puts this intelligence into action with automated remediation that reduces the security and availability risks connected with weak or compromised machine identities while safeguarding the flow of information to trusted machines and preventing communication with machines that are not trusted. Internally, we have an exceptional culture built around our core values comprised of honesty, transparency, leading by example, awareness, risk taking, and team before self.
Come join us!