How to get a high pagespeed score
Go to admin/config/development/performance/advagg
- Uncheck "Use cores grouping logic"
- Check DNS Prefetch and Preconnect under Resource Hints
- Check "Combine CSS files by using media queries"
Install AdvAgg Modifier if not enabled and go to admin/config/development/performance/advagg/mod
- Check "Enable preprocess on all JS/CSS"
- Check "Resource hint src attributes found in the HTML content"
- Under "Move JS to the footer" Select "All but what is in the $all_in_footer_list"
- Check "Put a wrapper around inline JS if it was added in the content section incorrectly"
- Under "Deferred CSS Execution: Use JS to load CSS" select "All in head, use link rel="preload" (If enabled this is recommended)"
- Under "Defer CSS only on specific pages" select "All pages except those listed"
- Under "Do not defer the first css file" select "Inline CSS (no more than 12K)"
- Select JSMin if available; otherwise select JSMin+
Install AdvAgg Async Font Loader if not enabled and go to admin/config/development/performance/advagg/font
- Check "Set a cookie so the flash of unstyled text (FOUT) only happens once."
- Check "Prevent the Flash of Unstyled Text."
Other things to consider
The AdvAgg Bundler module on the admin/config/development/performance/advagg/bundler page. The bundler provides intelligent bundling of CSS and JS files by grouping files that belong together. This does what core tried to do; group CSS & JS files together that get used together. Using this will make your pagespeed score go down as there will be more css/js files to download but if different css/js files are used on different pages of your site this will be a net win as a new full aggregate will not have to be downloaded, instead a smaller aggregate can be downloaded, ideally with only the css/js that is different on that page. You can select how many bundles to create and the bundler will do it's best to meet that goal; if using browser css/js conditionals (js browser conditionals backported from D8 https://drupal.org/node/865536) then the bundler might not meet your set value.
Current recommendations for the bundler:
- Under "Target Number Of CSS Bundles Per Page" select 2
- Under "Target Number Of JS Bundles Per Page" select 5
- Under "Grouping logic" select "File size"