The mission of the Food & Care Coalition is to alleviate hunger and diminish the plights of poverty for those who enter our doors. Our primary objectives include finding suitable housing, teaching financial accountability, facilitating an elevation in personal morals and values, and helping each patron achieve their full potential.
Service Opertunities - Meals & Hygiene
- Serve Hot Meals
- Donate Sack Lunches
- Donate Casseroles
- Cater a Meal
- Conduct a Food Drive
- Sponsor a Breakfast Meal
- Pick Up Store & Restaurant Donations
- Donate Store Gift Certificates
- Conduct a Drive for Hygiene Items
- Donate Produce from Your Garden
- Donate Perishable Items Such as Fruits, Vegetables, Eggs & Cheese
Service Opertunities -Miscellaneous
- Sing During a Meal Time
- Host an Arts & Crafts Hour
- Do an Eagle Scout Project
- Decorate Facility for a Holiday
- Conduct a Drive for Laundry Supplies
- Play a Musical Instrument During a Meal
- Donate & Assemble Apartment Kits
- Do a Drive for Cleaning Supplies
- Donate Sleeping Bags / Blankets
- Sponsor Educational Instruction
For most of the opportunities listed above, volunteers must first contact our volunteer coordinator for scheduling and special instructions. Please contact:
299 E. 900 S.
Provo, UT 84606
If you would like to contribute in other areas please contact us directly. Click here for a list of current needs.
|Monday - Friday||Saturday||Sunday||Holidays|
|8:30 - 9:30 Breakfast|
|12:00 - 1:00 Lunch||12:00 - 1:00 Lunch||1:00 - 2:00 Lunch||12:00 - 1:00 Lunch|
|4:30 - 5:30 Dinner||
4:30 - 5:30 Dinner
Individuals and groups that wish to donate holiday backpacks are asked to give items from the following list: backpacks (please focus on quality and larger sizes, particularly camping bags), hand warmers, headphones, $10 gift cards to grocery stores (Walmart or Smith's) or movie tickets (downtown theaters only) or food (McDonald's, Wendy's, or Burger King), lighters or matches, water bottles, individual packets of hot chocolate, razors and shaving cream, shampoo and conditioner, bus tokens, facial tissues (individual size), deodorant, nail clippers, gloves and winter hats, candy.
For more information, contact the Homeless Youth Resource Center at 801-364-0744.