Nagios, the most popular open source solution for system and network monitoring, is extremely robust, but it's also intensely complex.
Nagios Monitoring Capabilities
- Tracking of network services such as SMTP, HTTP, FTP, and NNTP
- Monitoring of host machines: CPU load, disk and memory utilization, running processes, etc.
- Capability to define host hierarchy, allowing distinction between machines that are down as opposed to ones that are unreachable
- Support personnel notifications by e-mail, beeper, or other user-specified means when service or machine problems are detected or are fixed
- Ability to define event handlers to be executed upon the detection of service or host events for proactive problem resolution
- Support for implementing backup and distributed network monitoring computers
- External command option that allows ad hoc modifications to be made to the tracking and alerting activity via the utilization of event handlers, the web interface, and third-party software
- Retention of host and service state across program restarts
- Planned downtime for suppressing machine and service alerts during deliberate service breaks
- Web interface for examining current network status, notification and problem archive, log file, etc.
- Permissions scheme that enables you to limit what customers can view and modify from the web applet
Our approach leaves you with a fully integrated monitoring solution, providing a detailed strategic view into your operations. We analyze your business needs, as well as your technical needs, to build the right system.
ConSol* Consulting & Solutions Software
These solutions include specifications for new systems, migration of existing solutions, and consolidation of your entire monitoring environment.
MRTG and Nagios Network Monitoring Consultants
The Nagios network monitoring system is a host/service monitor that runs with Linux or a UNIX variant. The monitoring daemon runs periodic checks on hosts and services you specify by means of outside add-ons which bring back status information to Nagios. When issues are encountered, the Nagios can send alerts to management contacts in a number of ways such as email, IM, or Short Message Service. Up to date status data, archival logs, and reports can be accessed using a web browser.
Nagios Plugin Catalog
- Nagios plugins for monitoring Oracle
- Nagios plugins for monitoring Apache
- Weblogic Plugins
- Nagios plugins for monitoring operating systems
- Nagios plugins for SNMP
- Nagios plugins for monitoring different types of system metrics (e.g. disk, memory, cpu, etc.)
Help Desk Integration
- Automatic Unicenter Service Desk Ticket Creation with Nagios
- Walmart integrated Nagios with BMC
- Integration of Pearl with Remedy