What Is a Tribe?
- A tribe is a group of people.
- A small company is a tribe. A large company is a tribe of tribes.
- What makes some tribes more effective than others is culture. Stage 5 tribes out perform stage 4 tribes.
What Is Tribal Leadership?
- Tribal Leadership focuses on language and behavior within a culture
- It does not seek to address cognitions, beliefs, attitudes, or other factors we cannot directly observe.
- Each cultural stage has its own way of speaking, types of behavior, and structures of relationships.
- Tribal Leaders do two things:
- listen for which cultures exist in their tribes and
- upgrade those tribes using specific leverage points.